Desktop Themes provide a way of customising the way your computer looks and sounds. Depending on the topic of the Desktop Theme, any one of a number of features on your computer can be customised in order to best reflect the nature of the theme installed. Thus pointers, system icons, screen savers, sounds you hear when you minimize or maximize a window, the default beep, the startup and shutdown screens and sounds, the background picture together with various other desktop parameters can be modified.
What is needed to install Themes ?
If you do not have Windows XP, then a software such as Desktop Themes v1.80 (~103 KB) allows you to install, use and create Desktop Themes.
Microsoft Windows XP allows you to switch desktop themes, modify elements of existing themes to create new themes and customize your desktop with the appearance that you want.
How to install Themes ?
1. Download and Install the Desktop Themes program on your computer.
2. Download and Unzip one of the Islamic Themes proposed in a new directory.
3. Right-Click on "Desktop Theme File" and select "Install Theme".
Step-By-Step Guide with Windows XPTo select a different desktop theme, follow these steps:
|1.||Download one of the Islamic Themes below or any other Desktop Themes that you want to a folder named after the specific theme.|
|2.||Extract the contents of the ZIP file in the folder|
|3.||Click Start, click Control Panel, click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display. Or, right-click an empty area of the desktop, and then click Properties.|
|4.||Click the Themes tab, and then select 'Browse' in the drop-down Theme list.|
|5.||Select the theme you want to install from the theme folder created earlier and then click OK.|
|6.||The desktop theme is applied to your computer.|
Step-By-Step Guide with Desktop Themes Program
First, you need to have already "installed" the Desktop Themes program. All this means is that you have placed the "Setup.exe" program somewhere, and run it at least once. It will have asked you to select a folder to store themes in. After this step, installing themes is easy :-
1. Download one of the Islamic Themes below or any other Desktop Themes that you want to a temporary folder.
2. Once you have the ZIP file in the temporary folder, you need to extract it using a zip program e.g. WinZip v6.3. Extract it into the temporary folder.
3. Right-click on the .theme file. The .theme file will usually have the name of the theme itself, the type will be "Desktop Theme File", and it will be shown with the Desktop Themes icon.
4. When you right-click on the .theme file, a popup menu will appear. Select the 'Install Theme' option from the menu, and the Desktop Themes program will be launched to automatically install your theme.
If you like, you can substitute steps 3 and 4 with the following step :-
3. Run the Desktop Themes program, and click on the "Install" tab. Then select the "Browse" button, and use the dialog to navigate to your temporary folder and select the theme that you want to install.
Once your theme has been installed, Desktop Themes will show you a list of the files (if any) that could not be installed, for some reason or another. Usually you can ignore this. Once the theme is installed, you can also delete the contents of the temporary directory, as they are no longer needed.
You should then be able to click the "Theme" tab in the Desktop Themes program, and you will find that your newly installed theme has been added to the drop-down list.
Download Islamic Themes
Islamic Theme 1 (514K)
Features : animated pen pointer, planet moon background with Holy Quran verse, Surahs (Al-Ikhlaas, Al-Falaq and An-Naas) screensaver, bismillah on startup and Surah Al-Ikhlaas on shut-down.
Islamic Theme 2 (499K)
Features : animated triangle pointer, desert dunes background with Holy Quran verse, Five Pillars of Islam screensaver, bismillah on startup and Surah Al-Ikhlaas on shut-down.
Islamic Theme 3 (776K)
Features : animated 3d arrow pointer, sky and stars background with Holy Quran verse, Surah Al-Fatiha screensaver, bismillah on startup and Surah Al-Ikhlaas on shut-down.