Old Pictures from Mauritius  

Most of the pictures on this page date from around 1890 to 1920. They are part of the Colonial Office photographic collection held at The National Archives in the United Kingdom and are free to be shared within the spirit of the Commons. They carry no known copyright restrictions and are available on the site "MAURITIUS - an album on Flickr" at https://www.flickr.com/photos/nationalarchives/sets/72157632888290224.
 

The Plaza Theatre.
The kiosk on the left is now at the rear of the theatre.

Rose Hill in 1965.

New Higginson bridge at Mahebourg - 17.2.1910.
4 arches and falsework of 5th arch.

Mahebourg railway station, terminus of the Midland line

Central Station Yard at Port Louis

Souillac railway station, terminus of the Savanne line

The market at Vacoas

Railway station then Post Office at Vacoas

The Town Hall (Municipality) of Quatre Bornes

Reduit - country residence of Governor (1880-1899)

The church at Tamarin

Flacq United Estates Limited (FUEL) sugar factory

The trunk road between Port Louis and Saint Jean in 1965

The lighthouse at Caves Point.
50 ft high, 20 ft remaining (1905-1910)
June 2014

Home Page
pages.intnet.mu/fullspot/Index.htm
E-mail